Incident – Monday, 3rd Feb at 3:30pm.
Location – Back of Colmers School, connecting Colmers School with Hollywood Bowl.
On Monday 3rd Feb, an unknown adult male was riding past several pupils from Colmers School and saw a group of teenagers who were pupils from other schools. The male jumped off his bike and produced a long-bladed and serrated knife from his coat. The group of 14-15 year olds ran and the cyclist chased two of them back up the lanes. Pupils who witnessed this were understandably shaken. We have contacted the police, who were already aware of the incident and are investigating. The assailant remains unknown but is described as having a deep voice, tall, Caucasian, wearing a long, black coat with the hood up, possibly in tracksuit leggings. Please discuss vigilance on the way home and stranger danger with your child, please see some guidance below.
STRANGER DANGER REMINDER
The police have asked us to share stranger danger advice with you to help keep you safe when you are out and about and travelling to and from school.
STRANGER DANGER PREVENTION ADVICE
Here are some simple steps you can take to make sure you stay safe on the street.
- Never go off on your own with a stranger, take things from them or get in a car with them.
- Make sure you tell your parents where you are
- If someone scares you or makes you feel uncomfortable go somewhere safe, which could be your home, your school or a police station.
- Remember to tell someone what has happened straight away
- If you have Snapchat check the settings on the new location sharing feature, Snap Maps , including details about how to change your settings and tips for staying safe.
USEFUL LINKS FOR PARENTS
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) is the only children’s charity which can safeguard children. Visit their website for more information – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/